|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [index]|
Note how the new belt goes directly from the small idler to the steering
pump, bypassing the big idler in the middle (the idler is hiding behind
the engine mount).
Serpentine belt and pulley replacement on a Saab 9-5.
Tools and supplies:
- serpentine belt: short (Saab #5590344, NAPA #25060950) or standard
- pulleys: small idle pulley (#4356127) and tensioner pulley (#5172184);
- jack stands;
- 18 mm socket: engine mount central nut;
- 16 mm socket: engine mount side bolts;
- 13 mm socket: idle pulley bolt;
- 10 mm socket: power steering hose clamp;
- 8 mm socket: belt shield screws;
- 8 mm Allen key: belt tensioner bolt;
- 6 mm Allen key: belt tensioner pulley bolt;
- 3 mm long Allen key: belt tensioner lock;
- 1/2" socket extension: for use as a tension release lever;
- torque wrench.