|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [index]|
Take your time to study the handbrake adjuster. On the right side of the
car, the star-shaped wheel has to be turned downward to tighten the
handbrake. Upward on the left side.
Rear brake pad and rotor replacement on a 1999 Saab 9-5. The car has the
early style fixed rear calipers, so this guide will also apply to
NG900 and 9-3's.
- 18 mm socket: caliper bolts;
- 17 mm socket: wheel bolts;
- 10 mm wrench: handbrake cable bracket (9-5 only);
- Torx T30 socket: rotor index screws;
- thin punch and a hammer;
- long socket extensions;
- long flat screwdriver;
- impact driver;
- drill and screw extractor (optional);
- wire brush;
- torque wrench;
- car jacks and stands.