|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [index]|
|09.07.2005: Wheel off|
Raise the rear end of the car, secure it on jack stands and take the wheels
off (17 mm socket). My cars always manage to turn up dirty just the day
before I plan to do some work on them. They look much cleaner normally ;).
Rear brake pad and rotor replacement on a 1999 Saab 9-5. The car has the
early style fixed rear calipers, so this guide will also apply to
NG900 and 9-3's.
- 18 mm socket: caliper bolts;
- 17 mm socket: wheel bolts;
- 10 mm wrench: handbrake cable bracket (9-5 only);
- Torx T30 socket: rotor index screws;
- thin punch and a hammer;
- long socket extensions;
- long flat screwdriver;
- impact driver;
- drill and screw extractor (optional);
- wire brush;
- torque wrench;
- car jacks and stands.