|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [index]|
Undo the nuts on the sway bar link, outer bushing and the ball joint.
If you have OEM outer bushings, you won't be able to undo the bolt just
yet since the CV joint it blocking it.
Lower control arm replacement on a 1996-1998 Saab 900 and 1999-2002 Saab 9-3.
The guide also covers polyurethane bushings and ball joint boots. It's not
necessary to unbolt the caliper (some pictures show it removed), but it gives
you some extra room around the ball joint.
- 32 mm (1¼") socket: axle nut;
- 24 mm socket: outer poly bushing nut;
- 24 mm wrench: outer poly busing bolt;
- 18 mm wrench: ball joint nut;
- 17 mm socket: wheel bolts;
- 15 mm socket: control arm to subframe bolt;
- 13 mm socket: lower sway bar link nut, strut mount nuts;
- 11 mm wrench: upper part of sway bar link;
- 10 mm Allen key: caliper bolts (optional);
- Torx T55 key: original outer bushing bolt;
- torque wrench;
- car jack and axle stands;
- ball joint separator;
- breaker bar;
- two pairs of long nose pliers;
- hammer and rubber mallet.