|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [index]|
Bolt the top end of the line to the fender (Goodridge uses 24 mm retainer
nuts instead of clips here), and connect the hard line. Done!
Googridge stainless brake line installation on a 1996 Saab 900
(applies to all 1994-1998 900 and 1999-2002 9-3). This installation was
prompted by a cracked brake line, but is usually performed to enhance the
braking performance of the car.
Tools and supplies:
- 24 mm wrench: brake line retainer nuts (for Goodridge kit);
- 19 mm wrench: brake line nuts (for Goodridge kit);
- 17 mm socket: wheel bolts;
- 17 mm wrench: brake line nuts (for original rubber lines);
- 13 mm flare wrench: hard line nuts in the rear;
- 11 mm socket: banjo bolts on front calipers;
- 10 mm flare wrench: hard line nuts;
- pliers: brake line retainers;
- DOT4 brake fluid, 600 ml or more;
- pressure bleeder (recommended);
- torque wrench;
- car jack and axle stands;
- breaker bar.