|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [index]|
|13.02.2006: The kit|
The Goodridge kit for 900/9-3 includes four stainless braided teflon coated
brake lines, as well as new washers, fasteners and retainers. It is
designed as a direct replacement for stock rubber lines.
Googridge stainless brake line installation on a 1996 Saab 900
(applies to all 1994-1998 900 and 1999-2002 9-3). This installation was
prompted by a cracked brake line, but is usually performed to enhance the
braking performance of the car.
Tools and supplies:
- 24 mm wrench: brake line retainer nuts (for Goodridge kit);
- 19 mm wrench: brake line nuts (for Goodridge kit);
- 17 mm socket: wheel bolts;
- 17 mm wrench: brake line nuts (for original rubber lines);
- 13 mm flare wrench: hard line nuts in the rear;
- 11 mm socket: banjo bolts on front calipers;
- 10 mm flare wrench: hard line nuts;
- pliers: brake line retainers;
- DOT4 brake fluid, 600 ml or more;
- pressure bleeder (recommended);
- torque wrench;
- car jack and axle stands;
- breaker bar.