|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [index]|
|10.10.2005: Inlet pipe|
With my new upgraded inlet pipe, I can bolt it to the turbo prior to
installation and save myself some hassle. From this moment on, be extra
clean, as even a tiny grain of sand can ruin your new turbo.
Garrett T25 turbocharger replacement performed on a 1996 Saab 900. The
procedure is more or less similar for all Saabs using the B204-B235 engine families.
Use new copper crush washers for all banjo bolts. It is also a good idea to
get a new oil feed line, or at least clean the old one from sludge and
This article describes replacing a stock turbocharger with another OEM
unit. For upgrade information, refer to
Tools and supplies:
- 13 mm wrench and socket (downpipe and turbo nuts);
- 12 mm wrench and socket (banjo bolts);
- 10 mm wrench (turbo inlet pipe);
- 8 mm socket (shield screws);
- 7 mm socket (hose clamps), or flat screwdriver;
- large pliers (oil return hose clamps);
- torque wrench;
- ratchet handle;
- ramps or jacks and stands;
- fresh oil and coolant.