Exhaust manifold removal and re-installation on the
1996 Saab 900 (4 cylinder turbo).
The manifold had to come off because there were two broken studs on the
driver side of the manifold. The gasket needed a replacement too.
- 13 mm socket: manifold, turbo and steering pump nuts;
- two 13 mm wrenches: manifold, turbo and steering pump nuts;
- 10 mm socket: air filter housing;
- 7 mm socket: hose clamps;
- Torx T27 socket: PCV line;
- ratchet handle;
- torque wrench;
- long 1/2" socket extension;
- 4 mm Allen key;
- drill with cobalt bits and right angle attachment;
- a piece of metal pipe or a hose coupler that fits the stud holes;
- small mirror;
- screw extractors;
- tap wrench (optionally with a 8x1.25 mm tap);
- car jacks and stands or ramps.