|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24|
25 26 [index]
|23.04.2005: Hose coupler|
This brass hose coupler has been found at the local hardware store. It was
a snug fit to the manifold and worked well as a guide for the drill bit,
helping to ensure that we start drilling at the centre of the stud. A small
mirror came handy to peek into the hole to observe the results.
Exhaust manifold removal and re-installation on the
1996 Saab 900 (4 cylinder turbo).
The manifold had to come off because there were two broken studs on the
driver side of the manifold. The gasket needed a replacement too.
- 13 mm socket: manifold, turbo and steering pump nuts;
- two 13 mm wrenches: manifold, turbo and steering pump nuts;
- 10 mm socket: air filter housing;
- 7 mm socket: hose clamps;
- Torx T27 socket: PCV line;
- ratchet handle;
- torque wrench;
- long 1/2" socket extension;
- 4 mm Allen key;
- drill with cobalt bits and right angle attachment;
- a piece of metal pipe or a hose coupler that fits the stud holes;
- small mirror;
- screw extractors;
- tap wrench (optionally with a 8x1.25 mm tap);
- car jacks and stands or ramps.