|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [index]|
|06.10.2004: Limp home reset|
If you ever need to reset a previously activated limp-home mode, it can
be done directly on the car. Move the end of the spring towards the
throttle body to release it from the tab on the pedal arm, and then turn
the black toothed disc anti-clockwise, about a centimeter, until it clicks.
Now try moving the black plastic pedal arm to make sure that the metal
throttle body arm (the lever pointing to the right) is not following it
Throttle body removal and replacement on a 4-cylinder Saab 9-5.
Tools and supplies:
- 10 mm socket: throttle body and cable cover bolts;
- 13 mm or 1/2" wrench: negative battery clamp;
- flat screwdriver: delivery pipe boot clamps, limp home mechanism reset;
- pliers: coolant hose clamps;
- new rubber seal (#9176918) and vaseline;
- torque wrench.