|[expand all] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [index]|
A 1/2" socket extension fits perfectly as a lever to relieve the strain
off the belt tensioner. Once the belt is off, check these two pulleys --
their bearings will likely be worn, loose and rattling if the car is
over 100K km.
Serpentine belt and pulley replacement on a Saab 9-5.
Tools and supplies:
- serpentine belt: short (Saab #5590344, NAPA #25060950) or standard
- pulleys: small idle pulley (#4356127) and tensioner pulley (#5172184);
- jack stands;
- 18 mm socket: engine mount central nut;
- 16 mm socket: engine mount side bolts;
- 13 mm socket: idle pulley bolt;
- 10 mm socket: power steering hose clamp;
- 8 mm socket: belt shield screws;
- 8 mm Allen key: belt tensioner bolt;
- 6 mm Allen key: belt tensioner pulley bolt;
- 3 mm long Allen key: belt tensioner lock;
- 1/2" socket extension: for use as a tension release lever;
- torque wrench.